I had originally set out to recreate a nail look that I had found on Pinterest originally from instagram user Frijolita and shown to my best friend Adina as a possibility for her wedding. Adina likes the unique as well, so I set out to find a polish that wasn’t just gold. The one I found had a bronze quality to it with some light purple glitter in it.
Here is the shot I used for inspiration:
I used three polishes to complete this look, these are:
* Revlon Colourstay clear topcoat to provide a smooth base and as a top coat to seal the manicure
* Revlon Colourstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Pale Cashmere for the base colour (use 2-3 coats for a good block of colour. I used 2 coats for the look above so that the glitter tips stood out)
* Sally Hansen Gem Crush nail polish called Big Money to create the amazing sparkled tips!
Create the Glitter Encrusted Manicure with these quick and easy steps:
1. Make sure any old nail polish is wiped off using a remover, then moisturise, buff and file nails. I love a square tipped nail with rounded sides
2. Apply a base coat – I used the revlon topcoat because it provides a good, even surface to paint over
3. Apply two coats of your chosen base colour and allow to dry. If the colour is too opaque add another coat, allowing to dry and set.
4. Apply topcoat to create a shine for your base colour
5. Apply the Gem Crush polish to your tips, you can use tape but I did these tips (plus another bridesmaid’s and the bride’s) freehand, I followed the natural curve of my nails and made the tips a good thick size. This made the glitter stand out.
6. I applied a couple of coats to create an embellished and full look, if you want subtle you can apply one or two coats. It is really nail dependant as to how many coats – this is because the glitter will apply differently for each nail.
7. Once you have achieved the tips you are looking for, apply two coats of top coat, paying extra attention to the tips.
Optional but reccommended tips:
* Apply some basecoat over and under the tip of your nail to ensure longer life out of the manicure – helps to prevent chipping.
* This look can last for 1-2 weeks depending on how you spend your time. Lengthen this by applying more topcoat after about four days, this style also makes it easy to just add more glitter to your tips!
These nails worked perfectly with our beautiful dresses and the style of Adina’s wedding day
This look is fantastic for a wedding, you can tailor the colour and polishes chosen to suit your own style or colour palette. Nails like this add a touch of glamour drawing attention to your hands which is perfect for showing off accessories including a lovely wedding band and bouquets of flowers…
Would love to read your thoughts on this look, also let me know if you try it and upload a picture!
I have previously written a post, much-loved by readers of For the Style Seeking Girl, about Revlon Colourstay Longwear Nail Enamel, called Revlon Nail Enamel Trial which has some more information and a review on this product…